The Chicago dance hen party was launched brand new in 2015! Our amazing hen groups simply demanded that we add a Chicago dance class to our repertoire, and we always deliver for our brides ;). Chicago is one of our favourite musicals. We love the razzle dazzle of the dance sequences in Chicago and we’re so excited to share our newly choreographed Chicago dance class with our hen parties. We just know that any Chicago loving Bride will love our Chicago dance workshop! So.... ‘Come on babe why don’t we paint the town.... and all that Jazz!’
Chicago Hen Party breakdown & price
The Chicago dance hen party includes:
• 1.5hr private dance class with a TCC qualified dance teacher in a smart dance studio
• Warm up to the Chicago overture
• Jazz workshop to the Cell Block Tango
• Charleston workshop to Nowadays
• Showgirl Sunshine Surprise Section (shh this part is a surprise but feel free to ask us if you want to know!)
• Group dance routine to All That Jazz (you could perform this at the wedding)
• Bottle of bubbly for the bride
• Bring your cameras and the teacher will film it for you
Price: £20-£30pp depending on group size & party date.
Want to know exactly what happens in the Chicago hen party? Click on the link below to read the choreographer's full description.
Chicago Choreographer: Catherine
I love Chicago, it’s one of my favourite West End shows and the Film is also great. I spent a year as a showgirl in Brazil so I was really excited to be able to use some of my showgirl moves in the Chicago party so that’s my favourite part of it. Because Chicago is set in the 1920s I also included a fun Charleston section which works really well. It’s lively and silly and that’s the perfect mix for hen groups. It’s not complicated at all. In the West End show and the musical of Chicago they use a lot of Jazz moves so I wanted to include a Jazz workshop. My favourite number from Chicago is the Cell Block Tango. I know it’s not very Hen like or bride to be – ‘He ran into my knife, he ran into my knife 10 times. He had it coming, he had it coming, he only had himself to blame.’but it’s such an amazing song to dance to I had to include it in the Chicago dance party.
Nationwide locations for Chicago Hen Parties
- Bath - Chicago Hen Party
- Birmingham - Chicago Hen Party
- Blackpool - Chicago Hen Party
- Bournemouth - Chicago Hen Party
- Brighton - Chicago Hen Party
- Bristol - Chicago Hen Party
- Cambridge - Chicago Hen Party
- Cardiff - Chicago Hen Party
- Cheltenham - Chicago Hen Party
- Chester - Chicago Hen Party
- Durham - Chicago Hen Party
- Edinburgh - Chicago Hen Party
- Essex - Chicago Hen Party
- Exeter - Chicago Hen Party
- Glasgow - Chicago Hen Party
- Harrogate - Chicago Hen Party
- Leeds - Chicago Hen Party
- Liverpool - Chicago Hen Party
- London - Chicago Hen Party
- Manchester - Chicago Hen Party
- Milton Keynes - Chicago Hen Party
- Newcastle - Chicago Hen Party
- Nottingham - Chicago Hen Party
- Oxford - Chicago Hen Party
- Reading - Chicago Hen Party
- Sheffield - Chicago Hen Party
- Southampton - Chicago Hen Party
- Stratford-upon-Avon - Chicago Hen Party
- Windsor - Chicago Hen Party
- York - Chicago Hen Party
If your location is not listed for Chicago hen parties, get in touch as we may be able so send a Chicago dance teacher to you. Just call 020 8672 4586.
Meet our lovely Chicago dance teachers
Hen Party Dance Teacher - Catherine in Bristol
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in Bristol?
- 80’s because I am a massive MJ fan and I love doing the Thriller routine!
- Dirty Dancing because I love the look on the Hen’s face when she gets the Patrick Swayze lift!
- Cheerleading because it’s always fun to dance around with pom poms
What do you love about teaching hen parties in Bristol?
I’ve been so busy working for the Cheerleading Company this year!
Chicago Hen Party costume ideas
Chicago 1920s Hen Party Costume Ideas
Chicago is all about the 20s but my favourite costume for a Chicago themed hen do would be the Cellblock Tango outfits. They’re so easy all you need are some black fishnets, black tights, crop tops, black hot pants and you're Chicago themed hen costume is done. My tip is to use a spare pair of 10denier black gloss tights cut up as a crop top.
If you want to go for a more 1920s flapper costume for your Chicago hen party then you’re in luck. 1920s fashion has had a big resurgence in recent years and of course films like The Great Gatsby have really helped this. It’s really easy now to create the 1920s costume from the High Street or online. Actually that reminds me New Look had a fab fringe dress recently which I wish I’d of snapped up.
For the 1920s Chicago Costume, the idea is beads, fringe, and long pearls. A dress or any item of clothing with beading on it is a good start or of course something with fringe. There are lots of fab 1920s accessories you can easily buy online and still have change for £5. A string of fake pearls works a treat and I’m also partial to a 1920s head band as I think they really finish off the outfit. Stick to Black or White if you want to look authentic Chicago.
Charleston 1920s Hair and Make up ideas for your hen party
The Charleston make up and hair is quiet similar to the Burlesque costume. For me the main difference though is that with the 1920s eyes you can go heavy on the smokey look you don’t need to hold back.
Charleston 1920s Footwear ideas - bare feet or trainers are recommended. You can wear dance shoes if you have them but as tempting as it is I'd avoid high heels as you will probably want to save your feet for your night out so keep it comfy for the dance lesson, and just put the heels on for the photos.
Hope our Cheerleading Company costume tips help you find your dance hen party outfits & we can't wait to see your costume photos : )
Find out more about our Chicago Hen Party Dance Classes