It is a truth universally acknowledged that any Pride and Prejudice loving bride, must be in want of a Pride and Prejudice dance hen party! The Pride and Prejudice themed dance hen party makes for a unique, original and best of all, extremely fun idea for a hen do! It's brand new and is the perfect dance activity for a vintage, Georgian or Regency themed hen weekend! Get your empire line dresses, gloves and bonnets out ladies, ready for your Regency dance class.
The Pride and Prejudice hen party is not serious at all, in fact, it's a real giggle and like all of our dance hen parties it's specially designed for a hen group. So if you or the bride love Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice and everything vintage / Regency, and you want to do something completely different from all the usual hen party activities, then ask us for more info on our Pride and Prejudice Dance hen party.
Contact us at The Cheerleading Company to find out more or check availability. You can call us on 020 8672 4586, or fill in the 'Check Availability form opposite.
Pride and Prejudice hen party breakdown & price
The Pride and Prejudice party really is the classiest dance hen party ever! The session includes:
- 1.5hr private dance class with a TCC qualified dance teacher in a smart dance studio
- Regency style introductions
- Warm up to the BBC soundtrack
- Regency style dance workshop
- Hilarous section on patterns with moves from the BBC TV show
- Pride and Prejudice group dance routine - Suitable for a wedding flashmob
- Gift: Bottle of Bubbly for the bride
- Bring your cameras and the teacher will film it for you
Price: £20-£30pp depending on group size & party date.
Pride & Prejudice Choreographers: Cece & Greta
Greta and I actually Co choreographed the Pride and Prejudice Dance hen party together. Choreographing new parties is my favourite part of my job. #lovemyjob
It feels really rewarding to design and create something brand new that you love, and that no one else is doing, and then to see that hen groups actually want to do what you've created is amazing, it's a great feeling.
The Pride and Prejudice Dance hen party came about because we LOVE Jane Austen! I think we've pretty much read all of Jane Austen's books and Greta had a Jane Austen obsessed teacher so she studied Pride and Prejudice TWICE at school. And of course it goes without saying that as kids we loved the BBC Pride and Prejudice series which we had on VHS and watched repeatedly. (Actually it was recently shown on the Drama channel, fantastic, I've obviously sky+d it!)
So we were discussing what we'd like to do on our own hen weekends and we both wanted to incorporate Jane Austen and Regency style Dance into the hen celebrations. We thought we can't be alone in our love of Pride and Prejudice, there must be a lot of ladies out there like us who would just love to do this at their own hen do! So we did it!
I think it's important to get across the sense of fun in the Pride and Prejudice dance party. People think Regency dance is boring and as one of my friends so eloquently put it 'it's a bunch of poshos just walking around', but that's not the case. There's a reason why it was so popular at the time; it was fun. Regency Dance actually combines a mixture of dance styles together. It's a combination of Ballet, Country Dancing, Folk Dancing, and of course Scottish and Irish dancing all rolled into one so it can be very lively and has many different strands or dances.
I actually studied Regency dance at Uni, gosh about 5 years ago now, so it was great fun to be able to draw on that and create this Pride and Prejudice dance hen party. And our timing was perfect as there was a marvellous Georgian exhibition on at the British library which really enabled us to research dance in that era and create something authentic.
We then adapted it to make it work as a hen party and we chose the steps and sequences that we enjoyed doing the most. After we choreographed the Pride and Prejudice party we tried it out on our team. All the instructors had a big training weekend on it. Even the office girls joined in as they were really excited to know what was in this party as it's so different to everything else we offer so it was very much a cheerleading company family team effort.
I loved choreographing this one so much I really hope that hen groups will enjoy it and have as much fun as we did!
Nationwide locations for Pride & Prejudice Hen Parties
- Bath - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Birmingham - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Blackpool - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Bournemouth - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Brighton - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Bristol - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Cambridge - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Cardiff - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Cheltenham - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Chester - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Durham - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Edinburgh - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Essex - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Exeter - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Glasgow - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Harrogate - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Leeds - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Liverpool - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- London - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Manchester - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Milton Keynes - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Newcastle - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Nottingham - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Oxford - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Reading - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Sheffield - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Southampton - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Stratford-upon-Avon - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- Windsor - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
- York - Pride & Prejudice Hen Party
If your location is not listed for Pride & Prejudice hen parties, get in touch as we may be able so send a Pride & Prejudice dance teacher to you. Just call 020 8672 4586.
Meet our lovely Pride & Prejudice dance teachers
Hen Party Dance Teacher - Hannah in Cheltenham
What are your top 3 favourite parties?
- Pride & Prejudice - Who doesn't love Mr Darcy! I love the idea of being transported to a completely different time!
- Fame - I have a love for this musical because of doing the show a few times, great songs!
- Grease - One of my favourite films and a brilliant excuse for everyone to bring out their inner ‘cheese’.
What do you like about teaching hen parties in Cheltenham?
Coaching hen parties is fantastic; I absolutely love it! It’s a chance for people of all ages to show off, surprise all their friends and generally have a brilliant time.
Pride & Prejudice Hen Party costume ideas
Yey - you're doing a Pride and Prejudice dance hen party! It's your one chance to dress up in a Jane Austen character costume. We've had some great Jane Austen Costume ideas for hen parties and it's actually much easier to dress in the Regency period than you might think.
The first thing to remember about Jane Austen style costumes is that all the ladies wore floor length dresses. This is great because everyone owns a maxi dress and they are the perfect starting point for your Pride and Prejudice hen do fancy dress. If you have a maxi dress with short sleeves that would be perfect but if not any dress will work as you can always throw a bolero on over the top. To turn it into a Pride and Prejudice dress all you need really are a few accessories. Ribbon is your friend. Tie a piece of ribbon under your bust creating the famous Jane Austen empire line. If you have the time, sew (or safety pin) some lace around the neckline to create the original necklace! Put on a long pair of long gloves (Ideally satin or lace rather than the woolly ones you wear for when it's cold!). The last thing you need is the Regency Jane Austen Bonnet, now you could make your own as these can be expensive but we're not the best at sewing so we were pleased to find them at Marionmay for only £20. (near the bottom of the page) http://www.marionmay.co.uk/id93.html (recommended to us by one of our hen groups who were delighted with their bonnets).
Hair & Make up
You can have lots of fun doing a Pride and Prejudice makeover on the bride. For Regency style make up think English Rose. So a lot of pinky rouge on the cheeks for that natural glow and go easy on the eyeliner, in fact use brown eyeliner (instead of black) to look more natural along with a touch of mascara and you want to achieve healthy natural but rose tinted lips, so they shouldn't be too pale looking. You can have lots of fun with the hair! Put it up in a high bun but remember to keep two sections at the front free (approx two inches deep). Create a central parting then you can either curl it into ringlets, or, if it's too long, try braiding them and have them sweeping down and round either side of the head, leading up into the bun. It's true, these styles aren't that flattering (unless you are Jennifer Ehle) but they are hilarous and you can have lots of fun doing each others hair in the changing rooms before your party starts.
Bare feet or trainers are recommended. You can wear dance shoes if you have them but I'd avoid high heels as you will probably want to save your feet for your night out so keep it comfy for the dance lesson. Or, slip on a pair of ballet pumps for the perfect footwear the Pride and Prejudice Costume.
Hope our Cheerleading Company costume tips help you find your dance hen party outfits & we can't wait to see your costume photos : )