The Cheerleading Dance Hen Party was created by The Cheerleading Company. Yes we were the FIRST company to offer Cheerleading dance classes for hen parties. It started 12 years ago in London when some of the regulars at our Pineapple Dance Studios Cheerleading classes asked us to do a private workshop for a hen party. We developed a special cheerleading class just for the hens and it was a huge success; from the minute the bride and her hens picked up the pom poms they were just smiling & laughing and felt like they were cheerleaders. And so the Cheerleading hen party was born and we now provide them and over 30 other dance styles for hen parties UK Nationwide! If you're looking for hen party ideas and want an activity that is fun, different and memorable then our Cheerleading hen party is for you. There's lots of cheering, laughing and dancing. Plus, at our cheerleading parties, everyone gets to use proper poms during the class. We get told all the time that the bride said that the cheerleading (and the personalised wedding cheer in particular) was the highlight of her hen weekend, or that it fulfilled a lifelong dream to become a cheerleader, and what could possibly be better than that!
Cheerleading Hen Party breakdown & price
Bring it on - The Cheerleading Hen Party includes:
- 1.5hr private dance class with a TCC qualified instructor in a smart dance studio.
- Hen party team chant
- Personalised cheer for the bride
- Pom pom dance routine to the cheerleading classic: Hey Mickey
- Option to include stunting
- Free gift of bubbly for the bride
- Pom poms provided for use throughout the party
- Bring your cameras and the teacher will film it for you
Not a fan of Cheerleading? Ask about our other dance hen party options. We've over 30 different dance styles to choose from.
Want to know exactly what happens in the Cheerleading hen party? Click on the link below to read the choreographer's full description.
Cheerleading Choreographer: Cece
It all began rather randomly. I've been a cheerleading instructor for 10 years and have coached lots of different teams from competitive to showteams. I was teaching Cheerleading classes for Adults in London at Pineapple Dance Studios on evenings and weekends whilst working full time at CNN during the weekdays. Two of my colleagues at CNN (Heather and Claire), knew I taught Cheerleading at Pineapple Dance Studios and had an American friend (Vanessa) who was getting married. Heather asked if I'd do a special cheerleading class as part of the hen weekend. And of course I said yes! So I created a bespoke cheerleading class specifically for their hen party.
I used to be a Pineapple Cheerleader and I know how much fun it is to cheer and dance in a team with your friends and I wanted to create that feeling of excitement and happiness for the hens - as if they were in their own mini cheerleading squad. There are so many fun elements to cheerleading and I wanted the hen group to be able to try as many as possible without overloading them. So I specifically structured the Cheerleading hen party in to 3 parts. The Cheering section, stunting (which is the part where you lift each other up) and finally Pom Dance. I started with a warm up which was done to Madonna Hang Up (we've changed that now but that was the first track we originially used). I then asked for some information about the Bride in order to make the cheer personalised as it didn't seem fiting to shout things like 'Go, Fight, Win!' on a hen do! I decided which stunt to teach, thinking about keeping it simple and then I choreographed a really fun pom dance routine. Dancing the pom dance routine to Hey Mickey seemed an obvious choice as it's the main song everyone thinks of to do with cheerleading - thanks to Bring it on, a film I obviously love. For the cool down I chose StickwitU by the Pussycat Dolls - it was very popular at the time but although we've evolved our warm up track we've 'stuck' with stickwitu and it's a lovely vibe to end the cheerleading hen party on.
I genuinely believe we provide the best Cheerleading Hen Party out there - partly because we invented it and took the time to come up with something perfect for hen groups and partly because we work with our dance teachers as a team. We continue to take the time now to review what we've done, and to work on it. We're constantly adding little touches to personalise the cheerleading hen party and make it special for the bride to be. Our Cheerleading hen party has kept the same structure but continues to evolve. I always say when I speak to people that if you're ever going to do a cheerleading hen party with anyone, we offer the best quality session and it's worth every penny.
Nationwide locations for Cheerleading Hen Parties
- Bath - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Birmingham - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Blackpool - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Bournemouth - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Brighton - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Bristol - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Cambridge - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Cardiff - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Cheltenham - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Chester - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Durham - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Edinburgh - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Essex - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Exeter - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Glasgow - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Harrogate - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Leeds - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Liverpool - Cheerleading Hen Party
- London - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Manchester - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Milton Keynes - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Newcastle - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Nottingham - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Oxford - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Reading - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Sheffield - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Southampton - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Stratford-upon-Avon - Cheerleading Hen Party
- Windsor - Cheerleading Hen Party
- York - Cheerleading Hen Party
If your location is not listed for Cheerleading hen parties, get in touch as we may be able so send a Cheerleading dance teacher to you. Just call 020 8672 4586.
Meet our lovely Cheerleading dance teachers
Hen Party Dance Teacher Karen in Edinburgh
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in Edinburgh?
Hen Party Dance Teacher Naomi in London & Oxford
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in London & Oxford?
1. Thriller - Because I am a huge MJ fan and dancing to his music always makes my day!
2. Cheerleading - It's a really personal party and everyone grins the second they have pompoms in their hands!
3. Dirty Dancing - It's such a classic, feel-good movie and the party is a ball!
Hen Party Dance Teacher Tasha in Brighton
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in Brighton?
Hen Party Dance Teacher Valerie in Bath & Bristol
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in Bath and Bristol?
Hen Party Dance Teacher - Julia in London
What are your top 3 Cheerleading Company hen parties in London:
- Cheerleading hen party– POMS – need I say more?!
- Strictly dance hen party – dramatic tango, salsa dance and the hysterical ‘Pasa Doble’
- Single Ladies hen party – who doesn’t love Beyonce?!
(sorry I can’t narrow it down to 3!)
4. Burlesque hen party – I get to let out my inner burlesque star.
Hen Party Dance Teacher - Jennifer in London
What are your top 3 Cheerleading Company hen parties?
- Cheerleading – I love Cheerleading and it always makes me happy to do this party!
- Glee – So many different styles of dancing and so much fun, and of course I love the TV series!!
- Dirty Dancing – Love the film, the music and the lift!
How did you become a Cheerleading Instructor?
I started young by joining my local Majorette troupe so cheerleading was a natural progression for me. I have been a fully qualified BCA Cheerleading instructor for 7 years now, and I teach classes at the Pineapple Dance studios as well as hen parties for The Cheerleading Company.
Hen Party Dance Teacher - Jade in Manchester
What are your top 3 cheerleading company parties?
- Cheerleading, because it is so much fun and the Bride loves her personalised cheer
- Single Ladies – because who wouldn’t want to learn that routine and burst into it every time it is played?!
- Burlesque because it makes people feel good about themselves, and I like to help the groups become confident & sexy
Who are your dance inspirations?
As I love all styles of dance, it is hard to think of just a few inspirations! I love dance theatre so companies such as Jasmin Vardimon, Ultima Vez and Motionhouse have always inspired me.
Cheerleading Hen Party costume ideas
Well finding a Cheerleading costume has never been a problem for me because I literally have hundreds of them which I use for Pineapple Cheerleaders! Ours are made to order for the pro team but you don't need anything like that for a hen do. You can find lots of cheerleading outfits in many costume and fancy dress shops online and most are under £30 so they are a cheap and easy solution if you're looking for cheerleading costume ideas.
Personally I'm more in favour of a create your own cheerleading uniform approach. You can easily make the perfect Cheerleading costume for your cheerleading squad and it's fun to make it personal after all. First choose a couple of key colours and second stick to them. Then make sure you mix and match within those colours eg. Your 3 colours could be Pink, white and black. Then you could wear Black skirts, pink socks, white tops, pink cardigans and white belts and voila you have a cheerleading uniform! At the simplest level as long as you all use the 3 chosen colours it doesn't matter which item of clothes each colour is just mix and match and you'll look like a pretty hot cheerleading squad! If anyone ís ever seen Bring It On - In It To Win It (which you may not have as it's Bring it on 5!) they actually do this in that film.
Another fun idea is to have a one colour theme. Eg everyone wear just red! It brings everyone together and makes you look unified. Or if you wanted to all wear printed tops thatís very simple and cost effective and is a fab idea to create a cheerleading costume. We usualy use pink or white poms for hen parties if you want to be truly coordinated.
Cheerleading Hair and Make up ideas.
Iíll let you in on a secret there a 2 very differing styles of hair for cheerleading! If you like the idea of the American professional Cheerleaders - something our very own Pineapple Cheerleaders were modelled on then think big hair and wear it out. If youíre thinking varsity/traditional cheerleader then go for bunches or a high ponytail but basically make sure your hair is out of your face and if it was competition time then your hair would be in braids, braids and more French braids! Don't forget a ribbon or a bow!
Cheerleading Footwear ideas - trainers are recommended.
Hope our Cheerleading Company costume tips help you find your dance hen party outfits & we can't wait to see your costume photos : )
Read more about our Cheerleading Hen Party Dance Classes
See more Hen Party costume ideas