For anyone who ever watched Grease and wanted to be Sandy, this is the hen party for you. The Grease themed hen party is an absolute favourite of everyone here at TCC and all of our dance teachers LOVE it! Our Grease hen parties are all about 50’s High School movie fun including a 1950's rock 'n' roll dance class and hand jive competition, a sexy Sandy section for the bride and a fantastic dance routine to 'We go Together' from Grease. The bride-to-be, really does get to live her dream and have a laugh at the same time on her hen do. This hen party is highly recommended!
Grease Hen Party breakdown & price
A wop bop a loo bop, a wop bam boom! The Grease hen party includes:
- 1.5hr private dance class with a TCC qualified dance teacher in a smart dance studio
- Warm up to Grease is the Word
- Personalised Rydell High cheer
- 1950's style hand jive masterclass & competition
- Say Goodbye to Sandra D & Hello Sexy Sandy
- 'We go Together' group dance routine
- Suitable for wedding flashmob!
- Gift: Bottle of Bubbly for the bride
- Bring your cameras and the teacher will film it for you
Price: £20-£30pp depending on group size & party date.
Want to know exactly what happens in the Grease hen party? Click on the link below to read the choreographer's full description.
Grease Choreographer: Greta
I'm so lucky because I get to dance to Grease all the time! I was hired by Paramount Studios to perform at their 30th anniversary celebration for Grease the movie, with the lovely Didi Conn (who plays Frenchie) which was an amazing experience. Plus, when I was in Pineapple Cheerleaders, we had three different routines to Grease as part of our set since it is so popular. I even did a production of Grease the musical at uni. So, I have spent most of my dance career dancing to Grease - lucky me!
But, when it came to choreographing our Grease hen party, I found that my most relevant experience was the many years my sister and I had spent in our bedrooms, singing & dancing along to Grease (and later Grease 2). We know all of the words to every song and all of the moves! I wanted to make sure that our Grease hen party re-created that childhood experience of literally re-enacting the movie & taking it in turns to be Sandy (although of course, at our hen parties the bride gets to be Sandy the whole way through).
So, the Grease hen party has loads of references to the movie. We basically follow the plot of the movie, picking up the big dance numbers. We do a Rydell High Cheer and I've put a little twist on it so that it is personalised for the bride which is always a nice surprise. Then we go on to National bandstand where our dance teachers teach the hens some of the signature moves from the movie e.g. the Danny & Sandy choo choo, and the Frenchie & Doodie toe tap. The moves are so funny and it's lovely because lots of the hens recognise them and get really carried away dancing their parts. The hand jive competition is always hilarous and I'm sure it is the reason that so many of our instructors list the Grease hen party as their favourite hen party dance class. It just gets so many laughs and no matter how shy or quiet the group, they always end up in hysterics at this point which is something I'm really proud of.
Then, it's really lovely because we end the party with a big group dance routine to 'We go Together'. It is the best song for a hen party and it's also a really good choice for people who want to perform a dance at the wedding because it's all about the bride & her friends. So I made the choreography nice & simple, and used sections from the hand jive masterclass to make it easy for people to remember. It's just bouncy and fun and it ends with that cool players tunnel that they do in the movie when Danny & Sandy drive off into the sky! (cheesy but good!).
I love the Grease hen party so much. I get such great feedback from the customers and also from our dance teachers so I am really confident about it and know that it is the best hen party experience for any Grease fans out there.
Nationwide locations for Grease Hen Parties
- Bath - Grease Hen Party
- Birmingham - Grease Hen Party
- Blackpool - Grease Hen Party
- Bournemouth - Grease Hen Party
- Brighton - Grease Hen Party
- Bristol - Grease Hen Party
- Cambridge - Grease Hen Party
- Cardiff - Grease Hen Party
- Cheltenham - Grease Hen Party
- Chester - Grease Hen Party
- Durham - Grease Hen Party
- Edinburgh - Grease Hen Party
- Essex - Grease Hen Party
- Exeter - Grease Hen Party
- Glasgow - Grease Hen Party
- Harrogate - Grease Hen Party
- Leeds - Grease Hen Party
- Liverpool - Grease Hen Party
- London - Grease Hen Party
- Manchester - Grease Hen Party
- Milton Keynes - Grease Hen Party
- Newcastle - Grease Hen Party
- Nottingham - Grease Hen Party
- Oxford - Grease Hen Party
- Reading - Grease Hen Party
- Sheffield - Grease Hen Party
- Southampton - Grease Hen Party
- Stratford-upon-Avon - Grease Hen Party
- Windsor - Grease Hen Party
- York - Grease Hen Party
If your location is not listed for Grease hen parties, get in touch as we may be able so send a Grease dance teacher to you. Just call 020 8672 4586.
Meet our lovely Grease dance teachers
Hen Party Dance Teacher Sam in Chester
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in Chester?
1. Dirty Dancing - It's my all time favourite movie- it inspired me to start dancing! The lift is also great!
2. Single Ladies - Because Beyonce is such an idol and the party is so much fun.
3. Burlesque - I love seeing the ladies become confident and sexy in themselves, it's lovely!
Hen Party Dance Teacher Naomi in London & Oxford
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in London & Oxford?
1. Thriller - Because I am a huge MJ fan and dancing to his music always makes my day!
2. Cheerleading - It's a really personal party and everyone grins the second they have pompoms in their hands!
3. Dirty Dancing - It's such a classic, feel-good movie and the party is a ball!
Hen Party Dance Teacher Valerie in Bath & Bristol
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in Bath and Bristol?
Grease Hen Party costume ideas
A Grease themed hen do is the perfect excuse to get dressed up in beautiful 1950's costumes. See if you can find a big yellow circle skirt, white blouse and canvas pumps for the bride to wear to give her that preppy Sandy look. And don't forget the net petticoats - the more the better! Or you could even get her a Rydel High cheerleaders outfit - easily found on fancy dress sites.
And for the hens, check out eBay or Amazon for cheap pink ladies jackets which are great to wear for the whole hen celebration. You may even be able to get them personalised with the names of the hens. Then go for circle skirts or pedal pushers for that fun 1950's look. Accessories like snazzy specs, bobby socks and neck scarves will also be great for the photos and can easily be found in places like Primark.
Footwear is great as flat pumps or lace ups were the trend in the 50's (at least for high school teens) and they're comfy and easy to dance in.
Hair 1950's hair is also nice and easy because you can just do a high ponytail tied up with a little scarf. If you're up for it, you could get wigs for the bridesmaids and dress them as Frenchie, Rizzo, Jan & Marty! We did one party where the organiser had allocated characters from Grease to all of the hens so we had everyone from the Pink Ladies to Patti Simcock, the diner waitress and Miss McGee. It was fantastic!
Hope our Cheerleading Company costume tips help you find your dance hen party outfits & we can't wait to see your costume photos : )